We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Please read the following carefully.
Please refer to our below if you would like detailed information on the types of cookies we use on the Website, the purposes for which we use each cookie, how you can disable and enable the use of certain cookies and the consequences of doing so.
What information do we collect about you:
- Verifying your age
- What do we do with information we collect about you
- Sharing your personal information
- Where do we transfer your information
- Website Information
- Your rights
- Changes to this Policy
- How to contact us
We collect and process the following data about you (‘your information’):
- information that you submit online via the Website;
- any correspondence you send to us;
- details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access (which may include, amongst other things, traffic data and communication data, information about the device and browser you use, your network connection and your IP address); and
- details of transactions you carry out or orders you place through the Website and information that you submit online via the Website while placing your orders (which includes your name, email, shipping and billing address, payment details and phone number).
Verifying you age
As this Website relates to vaping and vaping products, users of the Website must be adults who have reached the legal age to purchase vaping products in their jurisdiction of residence (i.e. 18,19 or 21 years of age, depending on the province). Before you can purchase Vuse products from the Website, create a Vuse account or subscribe to Vuse news, offers and information, we must verify your age.
Any verification check with a consumer reporting agency will be registered as a ‘soft inquiry’ on your credit report. A soft inquiry means that the search was not made for lending purposes and it is only included on your credit report so that you know the search was made. It does not affect your credit rating or score.
What we do with the information we collect about you
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts with you and for billing and delivery purposes;
- to ensure that the Website’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you;
- for our internal purposes, such as quality control, Website performance, system administration and to evaluate use of the Website, so that we can provide you with enhanced services;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you;
- to verify your age (see the section above for further details); and
- to enable you to participate in the features of the Website, when you choose to do so.
If you are an existing customer or you have made a sales inquiry, we may contact you by email / telephone / mail with Vuse news, offers and information about products and services that are similar to those we previously provided to you, unless you have indicated that you do not want to hear from us.
You can manage your communication preferences on the Vuse or with the relevant checkbox during the . You may ask us at any time not to use your information for marketing purposes or unsubscribe from our communications by contacting us at email@example.com.
your personal information
With whom do we share your information? We may share your personal information with other organisations:
- with our agents, mandataries, consultants, data processors and other service providers (including affiliates) if the personal information is necessary to allow these entities to provide services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to send email or other communications, host our website, conduct surveys, verify your age and manage and analyze data and our advertising effectiveness. In such cases, your Personal information will be used to provide the specific services we request and will be kept confidential. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions and are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes. Our service providers maintain or process personal information in Canada, the US, EU and other jurisdictions. For additional information on the manner in which our service providers treat your personal information, contact us as set out below;
- with your consent, we may disclose your email address to selected third parties (as described above under the heading of ‘Marketing’) for the purposes we specify when requesting your consent;
- as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of vuse.com or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control; or;
- along with our Canadian, US and other affiliates and service providers, as required or permitted by applicable law, such as in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order (which may include lawful access by Canadian, US or other foreign governmental authorities, courts or law enforcement agencies), or to another organization in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law. We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspect loss or harm to persons or property.
If you pay for a product over this Website, we use a service provider to process your payment. Our service provider operates secure servers to process your payment. They encrypt your payment card information and authorize payment directly. This means that your payment card details are never revealed to us.
Where do we transfer your information?
We and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store it in, countries located outside Canada including the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) and the United States. For more information about how we or our service providers process your personal information, contact as us outlined below.
We have put in place a series of security safeguards designed to protect your personal information against loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use and modification, regardless of the format in which the information is held.
These security safeguards include physical measures, administrative measures and technological measures that are reasonable given the sensitivity of the information, the purposes for which it is to be used, the quantity and distribution of the information and the medium on which it is stored.
We also take the necessary measures to ensure that all our managers and employees are informed on the contents of this Policy and requirements under applicable privacy legislation, and understand that they are required to conform to it at all times. Access to personal information is strictly limited on a need-to-know basis to the persons for whom such information is necessary for the performance of their functions and duties. Unauthorized access to or disclosure of your personal information by one of our employees is strictly prohibited and will result in appropriate disciplinary measures.
We will keep your personal information for the time required to fulfill the identified purposes, our legitimate business purposes and to conform to legislative requirements.
If you have a username, password or other login details that enable you to access certain parts of the Website, you must not allow any other person to use them and must treat them as confidential. If you believe or suspect that someone else knows your login details you must contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Please also see our Conditions of Sale for more information.
Our website may also use a technology called “tracer tags” or “Web Beacons”. This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit on our website. These tracer tags are used to help us optimize and tailor our website for you and other future visitors to our website.
We recognize that it is important to keep personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date and we take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the personal information we use and discloses. However, you are responsible for informing us at the contact information set out below of any significant change in your personal information which may occur during the course of our relationship.
You have the right to request access to your personal information which is in our custody or control, subject to limited exceptions prescribed by law. You can also request that information which is inaccurate or incomplete be rectified.
We will respond to every request for access and rectification, in accordance with applicable laws. In the event that we cannot provide access to or rectify your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions, and we will provide you with any recourse available. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
Changes to this Policy
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us with any queries or concerns, please see our page or email us at email@example.com or write to our Privacy Officer at:
Imperial Tobacco Company Limited
3711, St-Antoine West